Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And speaking of Republican hypocrisy...

Oh, how I've been jonesing for another viciously homophobic, anti-choice, white GOP douchebag to be outed. It's a monkey I can't get off my back, but I refuse to kick the addiction to schadenfreude. In fact, I can even wish that 1.) the intern in question had been male, and 2.) that Stanley (like Vitter, Ensign, and Sanford--who each called for Bill Clinton's resignation in the wake of the Lewinsky scandal) hadn't resigned.

The reason I dropped the d-bomb above is this gem:

"Whatever I stood for and advocated, I still believe to be true," he said during an interview Tuesday with Memphis radio station WREC-AM. "And just because I fell far short of what God's standard was for me and my wife, doesn't mean that that standard is reduced in the least bit."
No, Mr. Stanley. If the "standard" that you try to shove down the throats of law-abiding tax-payers in defiance of reason, data, and basic human dignity is not good enough for you (not to mention of a whole host of your ilk), it isn't good enough for anyone else--including those who doesn't presume to legislate their state and country into theocracy. Figgo to your fantasies about talking to sky-fairies who--quelle surprise--happen to agree with all of your bigoted notions, and give you a free pass for hypocrisy as well as abusing the power you were trusted with.