Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why am I reading about this in "The Daily Beast"?

Just makes you fantasize about putting the the "lynch" in "Merrill Lynch" doesn't it? John Thain's $87,000 rug. Fantasize. With a little extra flourish of blisters on manicured hands--bleeding from the work of digging their own grave.

Mind you, "fantasize" is the operative word. If this day sees the order that ends some measure of the petty, indiscriminate vindictiveness embodied in Guantanamo Bay, surely I can lend my small echo to the return of rule of law.

But my fantasies are my own.

So my question for the Fourth Estate is: Why aren't headlines screaming variations of this story Every Mother-Loving Day until every last corner-suite kleptocratic wanker is exposed, investigated, and brought to court in class-action lawsuit(s) and/or criminal trial? It can't be lack of material, that's for d--n sure.

Update, 01.23.2008: I heard the $1.2 office upgrade discussed on the other side of the cubicle wall, so the word is getting out. These are pretty down-to-earth guys, too. Do I perchance feel the first tremors of the coming revolution???