Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oh, no! Missed a day of blogging! [swoon]

Weather postponed the show we were supposed to see over the weekend, so attending the rescheduled performance last night left no time to post. Noel Coward frou-frou, but fun stuff. At one point in my adolescence, my highest aspiration was to live something of that lifestyle--minus the martinis and the cigarettes, of course. Not likely for a gal (mostly) brought up in a two-bedroom apartment (and a neighborhood whose character steadily degraded) until she left for the wider world on no more than a liberal arts degree and a part-time job. Living proof that the Gods do sometimes look after fools, in other words.

Speaking of moving out, I realized that this Thursday is my 18th month anniversary in my latest job, which is a good excuse to polish up the resume and scope out the market, if only to get a baseline. Not that I'm looking to leave anytime soon, mind you. But with the Dow dropping over 400 points today, I'd just as soon land on my feet this recession.