Saturday, February 17, 2007

The first post--or as the Romans would have said, "Ave, viator!"

I'm late--as always--to the Carnivale we fondly refer to as "the internets". Nevertheless, welcome to my little corner of it.

Mostly I started this just to have my say on various topics without annoying the few non-trolls on various message boards. To avoid wasting your time, here are some things you should know about me and the opinionating/pontificating to come:

1.) I have a number of wierd interests, ranging from medieval re-creation to beekeeping to computer programming.

2.) If I bother to have an opinion on something, it's usually a strong one.

3.) My favorite line from any movie/book/tv show ever is from the "A Late Delivery from Avalon" episode of Babylon 5, wherein the ousted Narn ambassador-turned-freedom-fighter G'Kar is celebrating with a guy who thinks he's King Arthur, following their pummelling of a gang of two-bit thugs: "That was great! No moral ambiguities...no hopeless battle against an ancient enemy. We were right; they were wrong. And they made a most agreeable 'Thump!' when they hit the ground." That's also, IMO, one working definition of a good day.

So, again, welcome to my niche of the blogosphere. If I'm not edifying, I'll try to be entertaining.