Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The twelve o'clock flashers strike again

Quelle surprise: The line between science and wishful thinking is crossed yet again. And I'm not even talking about creationism, global-warming denial or abstinence-only "education" this time: Scientists question terrorist-hunting techniques.

Y'know, I consider myself a professional dilettante--it comes with the territory of working with multiple languages and technologies for a living. But for love of the FSM, I at least have the humility and wit to flout the wisdom of my alpha geeks only after triple-checking my facts.

Sigh...if our so-called "leaders"--in the private as well as public sector--could grok that they've merely been promoted to the level of their incompetence and act with the appropriate friggin' humility, it would easily halve the world's problems.