Friday, April 13, 2007

Okay, now where were we?

So. The peanut butter's been spread a little thin these last few weeks, but that's winding down for a week or so. There's less than a month to go until the dreaded final at school. I'm taking two days off from work to study for it, if that gives you any idea of how bad I think it's going to be.

No getting together with family this past Easter. (None of us professes to be Christian, but there's always the tyranny of tradition...) Which was just as well, as I had a fight to pick with Mom. When we did get on the same wire, the fight fizzled out before it started, mainly because I couldn't prove that she was snowing me. So Dearest and I hosted a friend "orphaned" by the fact that his wife and daughter were out of town with relatives. And that was wonderfully low-key. Would that all holidays were so relaxing.

A few minutes ago, NPR aired a feature on the Lebanese wine industry, which made me do a double-take. Makes me want to run down to the Food Coop right now and scan the wine aisle for a Lebanese vintage, just to support the cause. The gentleman who sells us the bulk of our wine kits told Dearest his anecdote of shipping wine- and beer-making supplies to a certain Muslim theocracy, by dint of labelling the wine kit "grape juice" and the malt and grains "horse feed". Feh. Talk about screwy priorities in this world. Th'way I see it, religion should be the controlled substance, not wine.